- (1 lb) Veal, Ground
- (2 tsp) Garlic, minced
- (1/2) Onion, diced
- (1) Green bell pepper, diced
- (1) Red bell pepper, diced
- (14.5 oz can) Fire roasted diced tomatoes
- (3/4 cup) Uncooked long grain white rice
- (2 cups) Tomato juice
- (1 tsp) Italian seasoning
- (1/2 tsp) Sea salt
- (1/4 tsp) Black pepper
- (1 1/2 cups) Shredded colby-jack cheese
Brown the meat in a large skillet with the garlic and onion.
Add bell peppers, diced tomatoes, rice, tomato juice, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and bring mixture to a boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and let cook for about 20 minutes, until rice is cooked through.
Fluff the rice with a fork and top the shredded cheese. Cover again and let cheese melt over low heat.